Friday, April 11, 2014

Poem 1

Fairy Tale

siting,
waiting,
hoping,
like some girl in a fairytale.
like some princess in a tower,
when did i get so weak,
so small and insecure.
hiding from my light....

I lean out my window,
like a mixed up Rapunzel.
yet i have no hair to hang down,
so how will my prince get up.

wait are there any princes left??
any knights in shining armor,
trying to save the day.
I don't think so.

so i lay here,
in this glass coffin.
That you all so lovingly made for me,
to "keep me safe" you say.
SAFE there is no such thing,
no safe just dead.
Is that why you picked a coffin??

ha let me have my apples,
and then if i die lock me away.
let me dance under the moonlight,
with hair cut off and legs unbound.

let put on my "fake wings",
and try to fly to the sun.
I am not the wicked sister,
do not punish me with your blindness.

Knotted in my hair...short as it is,
I feel you.
Pacing the bottom of my "tower",
May I ask what you hunt??

Thorn studded,
As the roses grow to hide my castle.
Dripping with regret... do you even know that feeling??
As your face ignites within me the memories...

Memories of a me with hope and heart,
memories of faith,
Faith in love,
Faith in you and I....

Of dreams sold to God,
Dreams of you and I,
I think of you,
You burning in the dark,
I remember that there is no love without fire

Fighting all,
All forms of love and Religion
A borderline oasis,
dripping it's safety onto us,
A pearl blushed blasphemy,
as much as love can ever be.

we are just one fall away from grace,
I will whisper secrets from these years
of romances... mine and yours
yours and hers....
it’s still the same.
(a total disgrace)

Am i now snow White,
the light played tricks on the apple in your Hands.
Warmed through by your fingers,
Razor white and poisoned...
As crisp and sharp as cheap champagne Drunk from the bottle by the river.
At midnight...

Midnight, when everything seemed real,
I believed I couldn’t love you.
Do you remember how we lay on that jeweled velvet blanket,
the one god calls life.
I turned to you and smiled,
One last sad smile
Said, "If it glitters, let it fly"
With our dear,
sweet wings,
we’re flying now...

No comments:

Post a Comment